- https://w4pl.dstargateway.org/status.html – status page
- https://w4pl.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do – registration page
- The new URLs conform to the D-STAR Standards for naming pages and will make visits to W4PL’s Status Page & Registration Page consistent with those global standards and other D-STAR repeaters & reflectors.
- Using these new web pages will also eliminate the security warning message which was normally encountered.
The new URLs and security certificate automatically trigger your browser to use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) mode. SSL is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of on-line activities. All modern browsers are capable of using SSL.
- The URLs should be used exactly as shown above as case can matter.
- Make sure that you include the “s” in “https://…” to envoke SSL and avoid the warning message.
- Make sure that you update all favorites, bookmarks, etc., on your PC and mobile devices to reflect these new URLs.
A special thanks to Robin Cutshaw (AA4RC) for his assistance in making the necessary changes at dstargateway.org and providing a new SSL certificate for our installation on W4PL.